Energy Saving Tips
By making simple changes, you make your home more energy efficient. Check out these 10 simple tips that can help.
1. Lower the water heater thermostat.
2. Check for air leaking around doors.
3. Close the air vents in rooms that you are not using.
4. Keep heat producers far from your thermostat in summer.
5. Clean your furnace and air conditioner filters.
6. Operate large appliances during low-use periods in summer.
7. Request an energy audit.
8. Replace deficient insulation and inefficient appliances. You may be able to get a credit back from your uitility company on this one :-)
9. Buy fluorescent light bulbs.
10. Look into EEM Mortgages (for benefits when purchasing a home that is energy efficient or can be made efficient by incorporating energy-saving improvements; for more info, contact the US Dept. of Housing and Urban Development).